National Science and Engineering Week is just around the corner and there are loads of reasons why schools and colleges should participate.
Organising an event for National Science and Engineering Week can benefit teachers, schools, colleges, universities, and the community at large. Many teachers say that enrichment activity in science and engineering subjects help to motivate their pupils and supports their learning and development – and having fun in the process!
Other reasons include:
• access to a wide range of resources relating to NSEW
• an increased profile and publicity for your school or college
• increased possibilities for funding sources, attracting contributions and support.
• a chance to build real links with the local community
• improving organisational and communication skills of staff and volunteers
The type of event or activity you could run would be entirely up to you and would depend on your own personal interests and the resources at your disposal. National Science and Engineering Week has a theme each year, but your event doesn’t necessarily have to follow it – it could be on any science, engineering or maths topic.